The Netball Europe B Umpire Award is perfect for those that have gained their C Umpire Award and are looking to Umpire in higher divisions in Local Leagues.
- Course duration: 6 hours
- Pre course work: Record of matches umpired/regular revision of the rules
- Online tutorials: 2 hours
- Face to face delivery: 4 hours
On completion of the course, individuals should be able to:
- Apply the different levels of knowledge and skills between a Netball Europe C and B Award umpire
- Know and apply the rules in more demanding contexts and increase confidence when umpiring in more challenging environments
- Use recommended hand signals to illustrate decisions made
- Apply Match Protocols/Match Guidelines
- Apply advantage appropriately
- Show an increased understanding and application of the umpiring techniques of Positioning, Vision and Timing and an ability to show good movement skills
- Recognise the difference between Contact that does or does not interfere with play
- Utilise effective Game Management techniques
- Understand the requirements to progress along the Umpiring pathway
Once you have completed the course the next step is completing your B Theory Assessment and then the B Practical Pre Assessment & B Assessment.
Requirements of Entry:
- C Umpiring Award. Minimum of 1 years’ experience or have been Talent Identified
Minimum age: Candidates must be age 16 or over to attend the B Umpire Course
Pre-requisite: C umpire Award
As part of your Umpiring Assessment you must submit your Fitness Bleep Test Result using NNI-Fitness-test-result-sheet: for the B Award, you are required to reach a minimum of 6.1.
Theory and Practical assessment must be completed within 1 year of the course date.
Cost of course: £150.00
Assessment Cost: £65.00