Netball Northern Ireland is committed to deliver a service that promotes good practice and protects children from harm. Members and staff within Netball NI accept and recognise our responsibility to develop awareness of the issues that may cause children harm.
Our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy covers a wide range of child-centred service areas, which include:
- Regional Development Squad activities and programmes
- National Squad activities and programmes
- International events, activities and programmes
- League and Competition fixtures for all NNI activities and programmes
- Any other NNI organised events that involve children
The Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy is for children, parents, supporters and all those who work with children including full-time, part-time, casual staff, Coaches, Board Members, volunteers and external service providers. Those specifically in regulated activity roles will be required to complete the relevant recommended safe recruitment process, including AccessNI checks, agree to the NNI code of conduct and attend safeguarding training.
For the purposes of this policy a child is defined as a person under 18.